Monday, March 24, 2014

Your Gift of 86,400 Seconds…
We are living in a world that is running amuck. Satan has us believing we are “entitled” to have whatever we want when we want it. We are lacking gratitude and appreciation of the simplest of things.  The world is increasing in selfishness, greed, and pure evil.
I now have a deeper understanding of Psalms 23:4-6 (NKJV):
“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil; For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.”

And faith and eager anticipation from the final affirmation:
“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord: Forever.”
We are all blessed by God way more than any of us deserves…
I saw this quote that says: “GOD gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘Thank You?’ ” – William A. Ward
Here are a few of my "seconds" of THANKS:
THANK YOU…for the pain from this leg cramp at 3:00 a.m. It means I can still feel.
THANK YOU…for this cane and my limping. It means I can still walk.
THANK YOU…for this devastating health diagnosis. It has given me a whole, new perspective on life.
THANK YOU…for waking me up this morning. Many were not allowed this opportunity.
THANK YOU…for Jesus Christ. He has given me a deeper understanding of what LOVE really is.
THANK YOU…for the unpredictable weather. It puts me in awe of your infinite power.
THANK YOU…for the roof over my head; food in my refrigerator; & clothes in my closet. You are providing my basic need of food-clothing-shelter.
THANK YOU…for NOT allowing me to be obsessed with material things. You are reminding me that “this world is not my home.”
THANK YOU…for allowing me to grow older. Many were not afforded this privilege.
THANK YOU…for helping me love people “where they are”…and not where I think they should be.
THANK YOU…for making me aware of my Spiritual Journey & Walk with YOU…and giving me time to figure it out.
THANK YOU…for helping me focus on living “a life well-lived” instead of “the good life.” The next second, minute, hour, day, week, month, or year is not promised.

How are you going to say “Thank You” with your gift of 86,400 seconds today?

No comments:

Post a Comment