Thursday, March 13, 2014

Is “Untested Faith” Really Faith?
I always thought I was “faithful.”  I was at church every time the doors were opened my entire life. I love encouraging others. I am generous – almost to a fault. I knew all the right things to say about HAVING FAITH.
I was confident and passionate in telling others the importance of having faith, praying and totally relying on GOD.
Funny… how this does not truly resonate with you until your OWN faith is put to the test.
I have had stressful challenges in my life. I have dealt with the tragic, unexpected deaths of both of my older brothers; loss of grandparents; loss of friends and other loved ones; auto accidents, job layoffs…all external events.
I had read about Job quite often in the Bible. I somewhat understood and sympathezied with the losses he experienced with his children and possessions. However, I truly did not relate to the devastation to his physical body…until now.
Everything in life sounds great and is manageable…until it happens personally to YOUR BODY.
I am experiencing this right now. Being hit for the first time in my life with an unexpected health diagnosis is truly putting my “faith” to the test.
I am now having all of my words and positive affirmations reflected back at me, like a mirror image.
The question: Do my beliefs and my actions about Faith match?
A few of my favorite scriptures are:
 Hebrew 11:1 (NKJV)
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
 Romans 8:28 (NKJV)
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
 And of course, Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)
"I can do all things through Christ  who strengthens me”.
I often quoted these to others.  Now, I quote them to myself.

Yep…my faith is truly being tested right now.
It is a test…that with the Lord’s Help…I plan to pass…

No comments:

Post a Comment