Saturday, March 22, 2014

“I am FLAWED…”
(Just like a scuba diver…I’m going in deep…)
Here goes…
Deeply Inhaling…
This major health diagnosis that I am managing has left me feeling insignificant & “flawed.” I feel like “damaged goods,” a dented can; unwanted property; exposed imperfection.
I am constantly having an internal argument with myself.
The Optimist Says:
You have:
Love for the Lord that bypasses all understanding…
A heart as big as Texas…
An extremely sentimental spirit…
A robust sense of humor…
A profound need to encourage, uplift, & inspire others…
A generous spirit – almost to a fault…
A practical, no-nonsense outlook on life…
The Pessimist says:
You have:
Average looks…
Average style…
Average height & weight…
Average (untrained) singing voice…
Average hair…
Average money-management skills…
An uncertain future, professionally & health-wise…
I am so glad that GOD overrules this entire argument.
He created me. Any preconceived “flaws” I may have, He can use them for good and to do His Will.
1 Corinthians 1:27 (NKJV) says: “But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
There were many people noted in the Bible who had “flaws” and short-comings, that SURRENDERED to God and allowed HIM to use them.
Remember that:
Noah got drunk.
Abraham was too old.
Jacob was a liar.
Joseph was abused.
Moses had a stuttering problem.
Samson had long hair and was a womanizer.
Rahab was a prostitute.
David had an affair and was a murderer.
Jonah ran from GOD.
Peter denied Christ.
Sara was impatient.
Mary was a worrier.
Thomas was a doubter.
Lazarus was dead.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NKJV) : “And He said to me,“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”
I am going to SURRENDER and allow him to do the same with me.
It’s funny…I have spent almost 50 years of my life thinking, “If GOD really knew how flawed and imperfect I really am…He  wouldn’t love me…”
When in fact…God created me. HE knew me while I was in my mother’s womb. HE has ALWAYS known my thoughts, words, and actions…and LOVES me...anyway.
(Again…just like a scuba diver...)
Floating Back to the Surface…
Deeply Exhaling…

No comments:

Post a Comment