Saturday, March 8, 2014

“Well, GOOD for YOU!!!”

Once, a family friend felt the need to share and boast of her newly-formed habit of walking for exercise. She ranted on and on, saying,

"I walked 1 mile today. Walking gives me so much energy! You guys should do it, too. It would help reduce some of your health problems. I feel so much better! I really love it! I can breathe easier! You could walk with me. I hope you can keep up!”


On and on, she continued...

Finally, my aunt could not take it anymore. She abruptly shouted: “Well, Good for You!!!”

She stated this with such emotion, that I could not help myself. I burst out in laughter!  Everyone else did the same. Finally, my aunt’s elevated annoyance disintegrated, and she laughed as well…J

We all can naturally tend to feel this way when people are pushing their beliefs onto us.

One of my favorite quotes is: "We don’t see things as they are…we see them as WE are.” – unknown

GOD gave us all free moral will. We can do anything we want. We often expect others to see the world as we see it and do things the way we would do it. However, the only standard we should use is GOD's standard.

This blog simply represents MY reflections, “light-bulb” moments, and revelations. It is NOT my purpose to elicit debate or gain approval. This is just simply how I am being awakened to express how the world is being revealed to me. If you are offended or disagree, feel free to start your own blog and share your own thoughts.

SO…in case someone has been following my blog, is annoyed at my “reflections” and feels like screaming at me…”Well, Good for You!!!”…

With meekness and humility, I whisper, "Thank You..." J

No comments:

Post a Comment