Tuesday, March 25, 2014

“The Walking Dead”

There is a very popular TV Drama Series called The Walking Dead. It is a science-fiction, horror based on the post-apocalyptic premise of the world being infiltrated by “Zombies.”

A Zombie is“a person who moves very slowly and is not aware of what is happening especially because of being very tired; a dead person who is able to move because of magic according to some religions and in stories, movies, etc.” http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/zombie

Unfortunately, it is becoming more of a figurative “reality.”

As I continue down my own personal, spiritual journey, I am being awakened daily by new insights, understandings, clarity, and “Ah-Ha” moments.

Since I am forced to “slow-my-roll” due to health challenges, it has afforded me the unique opportunity to observe & “pay attention.”

I see people operating their lives on “automatic pilot.” (This is the mode that airplanes are put in so that they can fly without any assistance from the pilot.)

Their routine is similar to this:  Wake Up – Get Kid off to School – Get to Work – Leave Work – Pick up Kids – Cook Dinner – Get everyone else off to bed – Go to bed…REPEAT…

I find myself looking into sad, empty, lifeless eyes…
I see people ONLY focused on money, material things, status, & what other people think about them.

THEN there are those….who are not "Zombies." They are vibrant & alive.They have a peaceful “aura” about them. They have a "twinkle in their eyes." They are smiling, even when in pain. They are grateful, even when experiencing grief. They live their lives with grace, simplicity, and prayerful expectation. They exhibit pure, unwavering faith in the Lord and His promises. They have a very clear understanding of the hymn, “this world is not my home. I’m just passing through. My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue.” They live by Romans 12:2 (NKJV): “And do not conform to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” They radiate serenity & contentment. They have learned to live in the moment.

Most of us are “asleep.” Yet, others have managed to “wake up.” 

I believe that for most of my life, I have been “dozing off.”  The Lord is allowing Life to nudge me. I am beginning to fully “wake up.” 

Ask Yourself:  Are You...Wide Awake, Slowly-Waking-Up, or Fast Asleep?...



No comments:

Post a Comment