Thursday, March 20, 2014

“So…You Got Jokes??”
 This is often a sarcastic response given by someone who is resisting the smile and laughter that is about to emerge from them by the loving humor someone just shared.
As I was praying for a dear friend of mine, I began reflecting on how we are so immersed into our own issues that it becomes difficult to think about or pray for anyone else.
I didn’t want to bombard my friend with solemn words that he has & is getting regularly from everyone else, even from me in the past. Words such as: “Praying for you,” “God Bless You,” “May God Heal You, “etc.
Even while managing my own health challenges, I still have a robust Sense of Humor. I believe that humor can be a wonderful way to enhance healing. It is a welcomed distraction from the reality one is currently facing. I use it on myself daily.
I woke up this morning with these “funnies” on my mind to share with him and make him smile & LOL! (Laugh Out Loud)  J
Maybe they will do the same to you:

Please Get Well Soon…this “praying without ceasing” is really interrupting my sleep!” J
Please Get Well Soon…I am getting skinned knees & carpet burns!” J
Please Get Well Soon…”praying for you” is eating into my “Whoa-Is-Me” time.  :o
Please Get Well Soon…getting down on my knees with “my mobility issues” is a sight to behold!  ;)
Please Get Well Soon…since the “effective, fervent prayers of the righteous availeth much” and fervent means “very hot; glowing; exhibiting or marked by great intensity of feeling”, I am afraid I am going to keep setting off the fire alarm in my apartment building. J

In response to the question, “So…you got jokes?
Yes…Yes I do…and admit it? You can’t stop smiling…J

No comments:

Post a Comment