Sunday, March 23, 2014

“I Want To Know What Love Is…”
I am reminded of the music group Foreigner’s heart-felt song I Want To Know What Love Is. A few of the lyrics are:
"I'm gonna take a little time
A little time to look around me,
I've got nowhere left to hide
It looks like love has finally found me

In my life, there's been heartache and pain
I don't know if I can face it again
I can't stop now, I've traveled so far
To change this lonely life

I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
I wanna feel what love is
I know you can show me"
We are a planet of human beings longing for the most basic of needs…to be loved.
Love is defined as“a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person; strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties; affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests; warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion; unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another; the fatherly concern of God for humankind ;brotherly concern for others; a person's adoration of God;"
The Bible uses the word “love” 500 times. (NKJV).
http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=love&version=NKJV&searchtype=all
Several verses include:
John 3:16 (NKJV): “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
John 13:34 (NKJV): “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.”
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NKJV): Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
1 Corinthians 13:13 (NKJV): “And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”
We should first, embrace the love that GOD has for us. Secondly, we have to love ourselves, and then we should love one another.
LOVE is an action word…it is something that must be worked on every, single day. It is too fragile to take for granted.
Unfortunately, we say “I Love You” and use the word "Love" very loosely. We have to take LOVE very seriously.
If "I Want to Know What Love Is...," I don't need man to show me. 
Jesus Christ already did...

No comments:

Post a Comment