Wednesday, March 19, 2014

“ Driving While Praying”
I attended my church’s Tuesday Mid-Day Bible Class. We began by praying for each other, those in need of prayer, and for the lesson we were about to receive. We also continued praying for a dear friend of mine who is still dealing with some health issues in Chicago IL.
I found myself “praying without ceasing,”continuing to pray for him on my 40-minute drive back home. 

I prayed for his loving parents who refuse to leave his side until he has completely recovered. I prayed for his sister, daughter, family and friends across the globe who continue to earnestly pray for his healing.

Although I was consciously following all of the traffic laws, instead of having the radio or my CD player blasting music or news, I found myself being "distracted by God." 
HIS Grace, Mercy, and Love are amazing & overwhelming! Much more than I deserve…
Instead of chatting on my cell phone or texting (something I personally don’t do), I began praying in my mind and out loud, quietly having a conversation with God during my drive.
Then, I paused and noted that there are traffic offenses I am aware of such as, DWI - Driving While Intoxicated or DUI - Driving Under the Influence.
I smiled to myself and wondered: 
“Is there an offense called DWP - DRIVING WHILE PRAYING?"
If so, I am “Guilty-as-Charged.” (and a repeat offender...) J

No comments:

Post a Comment