Monday, March 3, 2014

“Will God Even RECOGNIZE You??”
 I am reminded of a joke:
A woman had just turned 40 years old. She asked the Lord,“How much longer do I have to live?” HE replied,“You should live for an additional 50 years.”
She was so thrilled that she went and had a face-lift, liposuction, tummy tuck, got her hair cut & colored, got tattooed, lost 50 lbs., got new dental work…a Total Extreme Makeover.
As she was happily, crossing the street one day, she was struck by a distracted driver and killed.
As she was waiting to enter the Pearly Gates of Heaven, she asked,“God? I thought you said I had 50 more years to live?”
HE replied,“I know my child, but you looked so different, I didn’t recognize you…”  J
Although, this is a funny…it does call into question…
Will God Recognize You as "one of HIS own" on the Day of Judgment?
Do you think, speak, and act so much like the world, that no one recognizes you as a Christian?
People love using the excuse: “God knows my heart.” Actually…HE does.
HE said that our bodies are temples:
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NKJV): Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?  For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.”

We are also supposed to adhere to:
Romans 12:2 (NKJV): “ And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”

Satan is so cunning. He has us“brain-washed” to believe that we must look like, be like, act like, and talk like the world, or we are “uncool,” “out-of-touch”, “backward” and so “un-21st Century.”
I don’t know about you, but I am NOT here to impress the world.
Plus…people can be TRIFLING. The ones who love you today, are against you tomorrow.
This is why I am not a Beyonce’ – Justin Bieber – Katy Perry – Taylor Swift – One Direction loyalist. Although I respect their talent, they are just human beings who are now on the national & international stage. If their sole purpose isn’t to help draw you closer to GOD, what is the point? 
Unfortunately, Satan has them convinced that their talent and popularity is all about THEM…not about our Creator, who blessed them with these gifts.
Don’t you want to be like Jesus Christ?
I find myself challenged by this quote:
If you were on trial for being a CHRISTIAN, would there be enough evidence to find you GUILTY?

No comments:

Post a Comment