Friday, February 14, 2014

“Roses are Red; Violets are Blue…”

Today is traditionally a day that people, from kindergarten children to Seniors, are given notes, candy, flowers and loving expressions typically of “Be My Valentine.”

Although you should tell and show the one you love that YOU LOVE THEM every day, this holiday is a nice time to highlight it.

However, it can typically be a challenging one for people who are single or widowed. Personally, I changed it from being one that, instead of expecting to receive loving gestures, I GIVE them. Instead of feeling sad that I didn’t receive cards, I SEND THEM.

I buy myself my favorite flowers, Stargazer Lilies, and purchase some of my “secret pleasures” – Lindor Truffles. 

Before we can expect someone to show us love, we have to show it to ourselves.

I have finally come to the realization that my most valuable “Valentine” …the only one who loves me unconditionally is JESUS CHRIST. I find peace & contentment in this. 

           Although this is a day for flowers, cards and a special candy treat; 
 Here is wishing you the best of life's triumphs, where the sky and rainbow meet.

                                HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !!! 


**Please know that if you don't feel loved by anyone else, you are loved by ME!**  

No comments:

Post a Comment