Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I Need You, My Friend…

I woke up suddenly, very anxious and restless.  I found out that a dear friend had to be rushed to the hospital and is in Intensive Care. I prayed for him throughout the night and into the next day...and continued "praying without ceasing." 

I finally woke up at 2:00 a.m., inspired to write this.

Dealing with health challenges of my own, as well as attending a funeral of a young man recently, has truly humbled me and heightened my need to tell people I care about how I feel about them right NOW. Tomorrow is not promised to any of us.

Here is what my spirit told me to tell him:

“My Friend”
   (by Janette McGowen)
I need you here, My Friend…
I need to grow old with you…
I need to witness you walking your daughter down the aisle…
I need to see you holding your first grandchild…
I need to see you accomplish your Heart’s Desire…
I need to be able to see your dimples and your shy smile…
I need to hear your firm reprimand and stern encouragement…
I need to giggle at your impatience and my ability to annoy you to no end…
I need you to roll your eyes with embarrassment at my extreme sentimentality…
I pray for you, more than I pray for myself…
Please don’t leave me now…
I need you, My Friend…


No comments:

Post a Comment