Monday, February 24, 2014

“Ain’t Nobody Got Time For That!”
This phrase went “viral” on YouTube and the internet when a KFOR News Channel 4 Reporter asked a resident named Sweet Brown her account of escaping a fire that broke out at her apartment complex.
She said, “Well, I woke up to go get me a cold pop; then I thought somebody was barbecueing. I said, ‘Oh, Lord Jesus, it’s a fire!’ Then I ran out…I didn’t grab no shoes or nothing… Jesus…I ran for my life! And then the smoke got me. I’ve got bronchitis. Ain’t Nobody Got Time For That!
This interview has been remixed as a music parody, and “Sweet Brown” has become an overnight celebrity. All of this due to her real-life brush with death.
Although, it was somewhat comical, none of us honestly know what we will say if asked to recount a life-threatening experience on-the-spot.
 Regardless, I find myself using this phrase quite often now as I assess things in my life.  Here are a few:
  • Dealing with major health challenges…
  • Sweating the Small Stuff…
  • Caring what people say about me…
  • Begging for people to forgive me…
  • Not forgiving others…
  • Taking Advice from people who don’t know anything…
  • Expecting everyone I care about to care about me…
  • Worrying about what others think about me…
  • Not making GOD the #1 Priority in my life…
  • Not making MYSELF the #2 Priority in my life…
  • Not Being Happy…
  • Not Operating Healthier…
  • Doing what the World Does…
  • Being Afraid to say “No”…
  • Trying to be everything to everybody…
  • Not planning to fail but failing to plan…
  • Needing approval, praise, or validation from others…
  • Being paralyzed by FEAR…

 When confronted with life’s complicated and conflicting challenges, just remember to utter the famous words of Sweet Brown:
“Ain’t Nobody Got Time for That!”  J

No comments:

Post a Comment