Thursday, February 27, 2014

“Are You TOO BUSY??” 

I recall someone, whose opinion I respect and value, telling me that although they were proud of me, asking me to discontinue sending them my blog because they were “too busy” to read them.

How can someone say they care about you, say that you are talented…but can’t give “3 minutes “of their day to read a blog or to be supportive?

Although I immediately adhered to this request, it forced me to reflect on my own "busyness."

I have to humbly admit that I have been guilty of this. Telling people that I was too busy to talk; too busy to read & reply to their voice-mail, text or email; too busy to do lunch. Interesting…how we find time to do what is important to us…

Try This:
  • Make a list of all things you are “So Busy” doing.
  • If you drop-dead right now, Will They Matter?

Guess What?...Life will move right on without you. And the things you were “So Busy” doing? Either someone else will do them – or they will be deemed non-essential and ignored.

If we are “too busy” to love and encourage each other...then what’s the point of our existence?

Parents?  If you are “too busy”:
  • to read to your children; 
  • to cheer them on;
  • to be interested in their opinions, hopes, & dreams;
  • to support them in their goals & endeavors; 
  • to just LISTEN to them…
  • to tell them you LOVE them; Then you are busier than GOD meant for you to be.

God gives us millions of way each day to do HIS WILL, which is to love and care about each other.

Powerful Quotes to Live By:

  • “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” – unknown
  • “No matter how ‘BUSY’ a person is, if they really care, they will always find the time for you.” – unknown
  • "It's not enough to be busy, so are ants. The question is, what are we busy about?" -Henry David Thoreau
  • “Stop the glorification of busy.” – unknown
  • “It’s not about having time. It’s about MAKING time.” - unknown

We ALL are given a set time per day:  86,400 Seconds; 1,440 Minutes; and 24 Hours in a day. How are we using them?

“Being Busy” is a powerful tool used by Satan to keep you distracted from GOD. Are you allowing Satan to win?
Are you “Too Busy?”

No comments:

Post a Comment