Friday, February 7, 2014

“Not trying to get Political…but….”

In the realm of politics, I personally align with views from both political affiliations.

However, I tend to lean more toward one because:  They at least, RECOGNIZE and ACKNOWLEDGE my existence and the value of my VOTE.

ALL Political Parties?…WAKE UP!
  • The USA no longer consists of WHITE-MEN-ONLY. It has become very diverse. Have you noticed?
  •  I would entertain your point-of-view if you had one. Just screaming “No!” to every piece of legislation proposed – with no proposal of what I can say “Yes” to…is quite disturbing and frustrating.
  • You still haven’t realized that MONEY cannot buy an election. How is it that you spent almost $1 billion dollars to defeat President Obama…and LOSE? Because, based on the Constitution – that you so love bringing up – it grants each and every one of the US citizens (1) vote. Therefore, a Billionaire & a poor person – EACH have only (1) vote. You appear to be so distracted by money & not votes.
  • You exert all of your energy negatively and to the opposition. "What You Resist, Persists.” – C.G. Jung. Mother Teresa once said, “I was once asked why I don't participate in ANTI-WAR demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a PRO-PEACE rally, I'll be there.” Instead of wasting time campaigning about what or whom you are AGAINST, why not try campaigning passionately about what YOU ARE FOR? (This would definitely get my attention…and at least, earn my respect.)
  • Your candidate declares “47%” of Americans as ones whose VOTE does not matter. Thus, you ultimately got the results that you got.
  • I am “sadly amused” when a political party yells “THEY just don’t get it!” This brings me back to one of my favorite quotes:  "Sometimes, you are so passionate with preaching to others to GET OUT OF THE RAIN – that other people are staring at you – because you are the only one DRIPPING WET!”
  • You continue to make the mistake that people that don't agree with you are "Deaf, Blind & Stupid.”
o  We can HEAR your rhetoric…
o   We can SEE your actions…
o   We can TELL when you are talking To me or Down at me…

People are fundamentally GOOD. We know basic right from wrong. WE believe in GOD and the Golden Rule. We can tell when this is authentic…and when it is a lie.

Politics has become a “scales of balance.” You have to “weigh” the Pros & Cons of each side to determine which one more closely aligns with your own personal values & beliefs. You are not going to agree 100% with anyone.

I have personally held leadership roles in my past. And I can attest to the fact that it is virtually impossible to please even 10-20 people. Try pleasing 314 million…

ALL Political Parties would be wise to heed these humble words of advice, from a passionate, US citizen, who has her (1) vote…

AND I AM NOT AFRAID TO USE IT….





No comments:

Post a Comment