Thursday, February 13, 2014

“Can You Stand the Rain?”
(My most personal post yet…)

This is the title of one of my favorite songs by New Edition.  Some of the lyrics are:
On a perfect day
I know that I can count on you
When that's not possible
Tell me, can you weather the storm
Cause I need somebody who will stand by me
Through the good times and bad times
She will always, always be right there

[Chorus:]
Sunny days, everybody loves them
Tell me
Can you stand the rain?
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/newedition/canyoustandtherain.html

For the past year, I have been experiencing some major health challenges. I am not complaining about it. It is what it is. It just happens to be “my storm.” I must weather it.

At the eve of Valentine's Day, I can't help but reflect on having someone who "can stand the rain." I still have hopes and dreams of sharing my life with the right man. Preferably, a man who possesses the following qualities:

First & foremost – I NEED a man who loves God – more than he does me.
I NEED a man who can put on his rain gear, launch his golf-size umbrella; pull me securely under his arm & close to his heart; and gently walk through the” rain” with me.
I NEED someone who means and lives out our wedding vows: “To love, honor, and cherish you; for better or worse; in sickness and in health; forsaking all others; for as long as we both shall live.”
I NEED someone whose eyes look at me, not just physically – but my soul, with love. Someone who always says, “You are beautiful.”
I NEED a man who encourages me professionally, personally, spiritually, and emotionally.
I NEED a man with a healthy sense of humor and makes me smile. J
I NEED someone who appreciates that I am “extremely sentimental.”
I NEED a man that likes me, as is, with all of my quirks and imperfections.
I NEED a man who is Compassionate, Respectful, & Loves Family.
I NEED a man who is Gentle to the Young & Elderly.

BOTTOM-LINE:  I must also focus on being all of this for him.

Bottom-Bottom-Line:  Listen to me...Where is my faith? God ALREADY knows what I need.

Women tend to always focus on finding our “Mr. Right.”  We fail to realize that men are in search of their “Mrs. Right.”

Question to Myself:  Am I her? Am I someone's "Mrs. Right?”

After the rain, comes the rainbow.

I patiently prepare…and wait for it…




No comments:

Post a Comment