Sunday, May 25, 2014

“You Have Been DISMISSED…”
Dismiss is defined as “to decide not to think about or consider (something or someone); to send (someone) away; to cause or allow (someone) to leave: to officially make (someone) leave a job; to end the employment or service of (someone) http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dismiss
Recently, I had someone who I prioritized as a “dear friend” just disappear from my life. No explanation or warning. One day, I am pushing through my own health challenges to take 3 hours to proofread a very important assignment due in her graduate program…and next, nothing. I called & texted, initially out of concern. This is someone who had checked on me at least three times a day for months, since my health diagnosis. Now…nothing. I finally received a text saying, “I am very busy. It’s time for Me to look out for Me!” She announced on Facebook that she was unavailable for the next seventeen days. No contact from her whatsoever. Yet, during this time-frame, she has posted about attending receptions, barbecues, coffee dates, and events with others.
WOW…it finally hit me…she no longer had time for ME.  I had been “dismissed.”
I know me… I initially want to fix it…ask for forgiveness for any wrong doing I may have unintentionally committed. I naturally assume it is my fault. Yet the reality is…sometimes people will walk out of your life, no matter how loving you are to them...just because…
I have to constantly repeat Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV): “5Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.”
Although I am one who always wants an explanation & for things to make sense, I have to surrender to the reality that it probably is not going to happen. I just have to TRUST GOD and keep moving forward…battered & bruised, but wiser…
Helpful Quotes:
“This is what I learned in all these years on this earth…If somebody wants to walk out of your life, let them go.” – Tyler Perry’s character “Madea”
“God often removes someone from your life for a reason. Think before you chase after them.” - unknown
"When someone walks out of your life, let them. There's no use in wasting your time on people that leave you. What you make of yourself and your future is no longer tied to them. You may miss them. But remember that you weren't the one that gave up." - unknown
“Sometimes you have to let people go because they are toxic to you. Let them go because they take and take and leave you empty. Let them go because in the ocean of life when all you're trying to do is stay afloat they are the anchor that's drowning you.” - unknown

I sadly remember the aching lyrics from the song by Bonnie Raitt:
“I can't make you love me; If you don't.
You can't make your heart feel Something it won't.”
I have to accept it…I have been dismissed…and I have to learn to be O.K. with that… 
(lowers her head...wipes her tears...grabs her cane...limps off into the sunset...)

No comments:

Post a Comment