Tuesday, May 20, 2014

“How You Make Me Feel…”
I often reflect on this quote by Maya Angelou:
“I’ve learned that People will forget what you Said, People will forget what you Did, but People will never forget how you made them FEEL.”
 I was reminded of this by a very simple phone conversation:
Several years ago, I added my Great Aunt Nell to my Personal Greeting Card Ministry. I just felt the need to let her know that she was thought about and loved. She is now 104 years young. J
One day recently, I felt compelled to call and check on her. Initially, she did not know who I was. I went through the family lineage to remind her who I was. There are a host of great nieces and nephews. I am one of identical triplets. Our childhood nickname is “The Trips.”
I made a point of always signing my cards to her with “P.S. I am one of the Trips.” J
I told her, “I am the one who sends you cards.” She beamed “Oh, precious! I told my granddaughter how you always send me cards. I remember you Trips!”J
She continued saying, “Honey, I cannot tell you how much your beautiful cards mean to me. The fact that you think about me warms my heart. I just love you, sweetie…”  Tears welled up in my eyes...
 Other reminders for us include:
Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV): “And be kind to one another, tenderhearted,…”
“No act of kindness, not matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
“We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
“Be the reason someone smiles today.”
“Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” –Mark Twain
 Take a moment out of your day to do something for someone else.
You never really know how the simplest of gestures resonate so deeply to someone else…

No comments:

Post a Comment