Thursday, May 1, 2014

My “Way of Thinking”
I have a friend who finds it difficult adhering to wise counsel, mentoring, or good advice. Although he will hear you out, he will counter with, “I can see what you are saying, but my way of thinking is…” He would actually negate & erase everything you just said.
I begin to analyze myself to see how I, in my own unique way, have actually done the same thing in my life.
We do this often because of fear, procrastination, excuses, insecurities, or limited vision. However, a lot of this can be attributed to our lack of faith & disobedience to GOD.
I envision using my “way of thinking” with the Lord and quietly hearing him gently reply:
Lord ???…
“If people would treat me better, then I would be more loving…”
“If you were more loving, people would treat you better…”

“If I had more money, I would give more & handle it better…”
“If you gave more & handled it better, you would have more money…”

“If I could see some results, I would work out more…”
“If you would work out more, you would see some results…”

“If people were friendlier, I wouldn’t be so unapproachable…”
“If you weren’t so unapproachable, people would be friendlier…”

“The world would be more kind & loving, if people would change…”
“If people changed, the world would be more kind & loving…”

“If people feared God & were more faithful, they would stop all of this immorality…”
“People would stop all of this immorality, if they feared God & were more faithful.”

“If people could learn to respect each others’ differences, we would get along better…”
“People would get along better, if they could learn to respect each others’ differences…”

“If people followed THE GOLDEN RULE, we would be kinder to each other…”
“We would be kinder to each other, if people followed THE GOLDEN RULE…” 
Sometimes, we believe we are wiser than God. He states in Isaiah 55:8-10 (NKJV): ‘For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,’ says the Lord. ‘For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.’

We might want to release our own “way of thinking,” and embrace obedience to God…

No comments:

Post a Comment