Tuesday, May 13, 2014

“Emotional” Boxing Match with Satan

I would title today, “WWE – Smackdown.”  I feel like I am waging an tough, “emotional war” with Satan. Or that I am in a Rocky movie…maybe either Rocky III with Mr. T or Rocky IV with Dolph Lundgren.

If it were Rocky III:
I hear the Lord reminding me:

When Apollo approaches Rocky about a rematch with Clubber Lane (Mr. T):  Apollo Creed: Now, when we fought, you had that eye of the tiger, man; the edge! And now you gotta get it back, and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning. You know what I mean?
----------------------------------------------
When Rocky was about to give up: Apollo: [in the ring sparring with Rocky] He's hooking! He's hooking! DAMN, ROCK! COME ON! What's the matter with you?!
Rocky: Tomorrow. Let's do it tomorrow.
Apollo: THERE IS NO TOMORROW!! THERE IS NO TOMORROW!! THERE IS NO TOMORROW!!
---------------------------
The dialogue with Adrian & Rocky on the beach:
Rocky: I just don't want it no more.
Adrian: It's just, you've never quit anything since I've known you.
Rocky: How did everything that was so good get so bad?
Adrian: What's so bad? Tell me, what?
Rocky: I wrecked everything by not thinking for myself.
Adrian: I understand, but you've got to understand that he loved you and that was his job--protecting you!
Rocky: Look, but that protecting don't help nothing. It only makes things worse. You wake up after a few years thinking you're a winner, but you're not. You're really a loser. So we wouldn't have had the title as long. So what?! At least it would've been real Adrian.
Adrian: It was real!
Rocky: Nothing is real if you don't believe in who you are! I don't believe in myself no more don't you understand? When a fighter don't believe, that's it! He's finished, it's over, that's it.
Rocky: I'M AFRAID! ALL RIGHT?! YOU WANT TO HEAR ME SAY IT? You want to break me down? All right, I'm afraid. For the first time in my life, I'm afraid.
Adrian: I'm afraid too. There's nothing wrong with being afraid.
Rocky: There is. For me, there is.
Adrian: Why? You're human aren't you?
Adrian: But it doesn't matter what I believe because you're the one that's got to carry that fear around inside you, afraid that everybody's going to take things away and afraid that you're going to be remembered as a coward, that you're not a man anymore. Well, none of it's true! But it doesn't matter if I tell you. It doesn't matter, because you're the one that's gotta settle it. Get rid of it! Because when all the smoke has cleared and everyone's through chanting your name, it's just going to be us.
Rocky: And if I lose?
Adrian: Then you lose. But at least you lose with no excuses, no fear. And I know you can live with that.
-------------------------------
As Rocky realizes that he can hold his own with Clubber Lane: “You ain't so bad, you ain't so bad, you ain't nothin'. C'mon, champ, hit me in the face! My mother hits harder than that!”

If it were Rocky IV:
I hear Satan saying what the fighter van Drago said at the press conference: “If he dies, he dies.”
And right when I think it is almost over during the fight, I land a punch that cuts the opponent & makes him bleed. Rocky’s trainer, Duke, says: “Ok, you've hurt him, now he's nervous, it hurt!! You see Rocky, he's not a machine!! He's a man!”

I’ve GOT to be Rocky. If JOHN DOE (the people who I thought believed in me) is his trainer Mick (in the beginning), I have just got to persevere anyway. I have got to Trust GOD and believe in myself. I have got to get back my EYE OF THE TIGER.
I have got to admit I am afraid, overcome FEAR, get in the ring, and keep punching.
Satan is being relentless…he’s punching…it is hurting….
But…I can’t…I won’t let him win….
As long as God’s in my corner…He won’t…

No comments:

Post a Comment