Wednesday, May 14, 2014

“Do I Ever Cross Your Mind…Anytime?”
A heart-felt love song by artist Brian McKnight is Do I Ever Cross Your Mind? A few of the lyrics are:
Do I ever cross your mind?
(Anytime)
Do you ever wake up reaching out for me?
Do I ever cross your mind?
(Anytime)
I miss you
I often quietly ask this about people that I feel so strongly about personally, professionally, emotionally, and spiritually. As often as I attempt to touch base or to reach out, I receive nothing in return
However, I wonder if THE LORD asks this question about us.
Does HE ever cross your mind?...
…when you wake up in the morning?
…when you look at your healthy children?
…when you look at your loving spouse?
…while successfully navigating rush-hour traffic?
…while at the job He blessed you to have?
…while on vacation?
…while at church on Sunday?
…during great times?
…during health challenges?
…during periods of loss & grief?
…as you close your eyes at night?
We are living in a society of distractions and an “All About Me” mentality. Some of us even believe that we are existing successfully by our own doing. We no longer pray or even Thank God for anything. Yet…we quickly call on Him when life gets challenging. Wouldn’t your think he may begin to grow weary and disappointed about this. Wouldn’t You???
However, the Bible says in 2 Peter 3:9 (NKJV): “The Lord is not slack (negligent, careless, loose) concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering (patient) toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” 
So, the question moves beyond you. It remains:
“Does He Ever Cross Your Mind…Anytime?”

No comments:

Post a Comment