Friday, May 23, 2014

“Proceed to Checkout…”
When you order something online, you put your selected items into your “shopping cart.” When you are done, there is often a message that says, “Proceed to Checkout.” This area confirms your address and your method of payment, either credit/check card; deduction from your checking account; or PayPal.
While doing this, I wondered, “Am I ready to proceed to checkout when it comes to going to Heaven?”
  • Have I been obedient to God?
  • Have I kept his commandments?
  • Have I forgiven others & asked for their forgiveness?
  • Have I released feelings of bitterness, guilt, and envy?
  • Have I completely surrendered my life to Christ?
  • Have I shifted my focus from judging others to working on myself?
  • Am I not only a reader of the Word but a doer of it as well?
  • Do I do good for others, expecting nothing in return?
  • Is what I think, what I say, & what I do Christ-like?
  • Has my presence, reputation, character & influence drawn others to Christ?
  • Do the words that pass my lips bring you praise?
  • Am I focused on pleasing GOD rather than man?
  • Am I more concerned with acquiring “earthly” treasures rather than “heavenly” rewards?
  • Am I more concerned about praise from man rather than praise from God?

The Bible tells us this:
2 Peter 1:10 (NKJV): “Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall…”
2 Timothy 2:15 (NKJV): “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
Matthew 6:33 (NKJV): “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
Psalm 37:4 (NKJV): “Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.”
John 14:1-3 (NKJV):  “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”
Memorable Quotes:
 “My home is in Heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.” – Billy Graham
“I can safely say, on the authority of all that is revealed in the Word of God, that any man or woman on this earth who is bored and turned off by worship is not ready for heaven.” — A.W. Tozer
“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.' ” ― Erma Bombeck
God has already made preparations to receive those of us who are obedient and remain faithful.
Are you ready to “proceed to checkout?

No comments:

Post a Comment