Friday, April 11, 2014

“To Everything There Is A Season…”
Some of my favorite scriptures in the Bible are Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (NKJV). It describes how “Everything Has Its Time.”

1 To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: 2 A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to  pluck what is planted; 3 A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away; 7 A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak; 8 A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace.” http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes%203&version=NKJV

Oftentimes, we are catapulted into a new direction, sometimes, against our will. Your life can instantly & unexpectedly take on a different trajectory than what you had planned or even imagined.

My new journey into blogging & writing is one that I had allowed LIFE to cause me to ignore. However, due to being awakened by unexpected health challenges, it has nudged me, excited me, amazed me, scared me, and opened these “meteorological” emotions for me.

I am…
a volcano, about to erupt lava, spewing inspiration, hope, & love.
a hurricane, hovering with intensity, refusing to move on.
a tsunami, overwhelming me with a sense of purpose.
....a tornado, an awesome force of wind & debris of positive energy.
the sunlight, blinding me with its radiance.
the wind, nudging me forward.
....the hail, plummeting down & piercing me with inspiration.
....the snow, white flakes blinding me & exciting me about possibilities.
the fog, to limit my visibility of negative people, thoughts, & words.
....the rain, showering soft drops of refreshing ideas.

I am now like the Seasons…
the harsh, cold Winter, to “freeze off” old notions, doubts, & fears.
the shift from Winter-to-Spring, the renewing of my mind.
the vibrant Spring, with colorful ideas, optimism, & creativity.
the hot Summer, fueling my passion & burning away negative influences.
the crisp Fall, ever-changing & revealing new, uncharted territory.

As it says: “To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven;” it appears to be so for all of us.
Your “Season” is here...right now.

Be Still…Breathe...Look Up…and Pay Attention…

No comments:

Post a Comment