Friday, April 4, 2014

Satan…You Don’t Get To Win…
Satan is really cunning. However, he is getting really frustrated with me right now. I refuse to personify that “I am perfect.” Guess What?
I am a “Christian-Under-Construction.”  I have flaws…
Although I meditate daily on the scripture, Romans 12:2 (NKJV): “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God,” Satan still can find ways to challenge me.
Cases in point:
#1.  I love FACEBOOK and Social Media.
Not for what Satan would have me use it for – Drama, Hate, Rudeness, Profanity, or Trying to be like the world.  I use it to connect & stay in touch with people; to know that others are OK; to encourage, uplift, & inspire; to pray for those in need; and to allow my “Light to Shine.”
If this is where over 1 Billion people are…if this is where Satan is…shouldn’t we as Christians?  Jesus Christ went to where the sinners were…without becoming one of them. 
#2.  I have read the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy. 
At a moment of feeling depressed & discouraged, while longing for a distraction from reading over 10 books about MS, I was curious to see what all the hype was about. And boy…was I shocked!!  However, I found myself asking,“What could the characters' lives have been like if they had focused on GOD?”
Unfortunately, if this was the focus, the books would have been considered boring …by the world’s standards…
Satan…thanks to you, my intensity of reading the best book, the best love story of all, THE BIBLE, has escalated 100%!  J
#3.  I love the TV drama series, SCANDAL.
Yes...I am a "Scandalholic," a "Gladiator," and a loyal fan of the show.
However, NOT for what Satan wants me to like it for – but for the drama, the mystery, the intrigue, the suspense, & the fast-paced action. The writing and acting is phenomenal for a FICTITIOUS TV Show.
What Satan uses for EVIL, I surrender to allow GOD to use me to use it for GOOD.
Satan…it’s got to be frustrating to try to corrupt & condemn someone when they are proclaiming upfront, that they are not perfect…who has "flaws" and is vulnerable, yet who, when they surrender to God...allows HIM to turn all of your subtle, cunning evil to GOOD.
Message to you, Satan: “I may be flawed; but, I am mentally-sharp and spiritually-grounded!” J

No comments:

Post a Comment