Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"And Now You Know..."

In Corporate America and in LIFE, decisions are made, oftentimes without your input or knowledge.

They key to minimizing stress is to either accept it or change it. Complaining, without exercising some action about it, is a complete waste of energy & an unhealthy trait. Oftentimes, acceptance can alleviate mountains of unnecessary anxiety.

When my employer would make policy changes and decisions that we didn’t agree with or understand, my colleague & I would recite this to each other in a humorous, sing-song chant. It would make us smile, yet move forward.

It went something like this:
“Well, the rumors are true. The organization has eliminated a major division, laying-off 500 employees.”
Her: “And there you have it…”
Me: “And there it is…”
Both of Us: “And now you know…” J

(Repeat the chant after each example.)
Other Corporate America examples include: 
  • “I didn’t get the promotion. Although I believe it was racially & sexually biased, I was informed that my MBA makes me over-qualified.”
  • “No salary increases this year.”
(Repeat the chant after each example.)
Personal examples include:
  • “We had noticed the married couple’s distance & tension between each other for months. They just announced that that are getting a divorce.”
  • “She has been nauseous for a month now. Just found out that she is 3-months pregnant.”
(Repeat the chant after each example.)
This can even be used with Public News:
  • “The Tennessee Titans announced that they have released RB Chris Johnson.”
  • “Rising above the skeptics & pessimists, Diana Nyad became the first person at age 64 confirmed to swim from Cuba to Florida without the aid of a shark cage “.
  • "The GOP confidently vowed that President Barack Obama would be a one-term president. However, in 2012 he was overwhelmingly re-elected for a 2nd term."

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV) says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all our ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” We must accept the fact that some things in life you simply will not nor are you meant to understand. We simply must TRUST THE LORD.

So, when life seems insane around me or when I am confronted with issues or any type of news that I cannot understand, control or change, I find myself smiling & quietly whispering…

 “And there you have it…And there it is….And now you know… J

No comments:

Post a Comment