Thursday, January 16, 2014

When Life is “Raining Down”

None of us are immune to life’s ups and downs.

We can have great success today and utter devastation tomorrow.

I used to hear older people say, “Tomorrow is not promised.”
However, in these turbulent times, “The next minute” is not promised.

As I grow in my faith & in wisdom, I am learning to just embrace life…even when it’s “raining.” 

Oftentimes, we believe the rain is a bad thing. Why?

Because it is inconvenient and may make us wet. It can make us feel vulnerable and out-of-control. We have become so conditioned to be afraid of the rain, to avoid it at all costs.

However, God uses it to replenish the earth. It is vital to keep our lakes, rivers, and oceans filled. It is vital for all plant life & animal life in order to grow and thrive.

If we slow down to notice, we recognize that it can be soothing, tranquil, peaceful, and comforting.

I love these quotes:

"Sometimes you just have to bow your head, say a prayer, and weather the storm…” – author unknown

"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” – Bob Marley



*I hope my cousins don’t mind, but this photo taken of their 5-year old daughter just resonates this feeling for me.*


1 comment: