Saturday, January 18, 2014

Calm in the Darkness...

I woke up suddenly at 4:58 a.m. this Saturday morning in total darkness.

(I have night lights in every room of my home, as well as a dimmer 

 on my bed-side lamp.)

I looked toward my small digital clock. Nothing...
I reached for my large flash light on my nightstand. Not working...
I immediately turned on the LED Flashlight app on my iPhone. 
Yes....Light!!!)

I CALMLY tapped my Touch Lights that I had hung strategically throughout my home. (Bedroom?...Yes!  Hallway?...Yes!  Bathroom?...No. Living Room?...Yes!)

I CALMLY looked outside my Patio. The entire Apartment Complex appeared dark, except the Emergency lights.

I CALMLY called my Apartment Complex Emergency Line.

(I was informed that the electricity was out in the entire complex. 

 The city electric company was aware since 4:00 a.m., and no
  estimated time- table was given. I felt her smile over the phone at
  my optimism and positive attitude.)

I CALMLY returned to sit on my bed and Pray...

"Thank You, Lord...for giving me the foresight to have made  
  preparations, i.e., flashlight, touch lights, etc.
 Thank You for revealing to me areas of improvement.
 Thank You for giving me a spirit of CALM in this darkness.
 Thank You for allowing me to wake up this morning.
 Thank You for your son, Jesus Christ.
 THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU..."

At 5:22 a.m., the lights came back on.

The feeling of CALM remains....




No comments:

Post a Comment