Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Lessons from a Bird…


Back in July 2013, while hurriedly driving out of my driveway en route to a corporate appointment, a bird flew down and stood squarely in my path. 

Not wanting to hurt it, I hit my brakes, anticipating that it would fly away. 

It stood still, stared at me, and didn't budge!  (Are you kidding me???)

We just looked at each other. Time stood still. 

It's body language appeared to say,

                    "Slow your roll, Human.  I will move...When I'm Ready." 


I didn't know whether to be frustrated or laugh!  [Shock? Awe? or LOL?]

I chose to Laugh-Out-Loud...at this bird's apparent gall, arrogance, & audacity!

It finally...slowly... strutted away. 

Lessons Learned
#1. Life doesn't have to be so rushed and hectic.
#2. Breathe.   
#3. Patience.
#4. Respect nature & God's creatures.
#5. Find humor in the ordinary.  

God teaches us big lessons in the smallest ways. Too funny!


1 comment: