Tuesday, January 28, 2014

“Lean Not On Your Own Understanding…”

One of my favorite Bible scriptures is Proverbs 3:5-6:

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV):
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

As I mature, I now resolve that I cannot “Lean on my Own Understanding.”  I am now coming to grips with the fact that I am not meant to understand everything.  That is why I am supposed to just TRUST HIM.

Case in point:
I don’t understand…why people can wear $2 million dollar “bling” around their necks or on their fingers; when, for only $55,000 each, they could build 36 Habitat-for-Humanity Homes – an entire community? 
I don’t understand…why celebrities & athletes seem to believe they earned that Oscar, Grammy, Emmy, Tony, Golden Globe, Olympic Gold Medal, or NBA-NFL-MLB Championship Ring all by themselves...with no help from GOD?
I don’t understand…why we now seem to honor and have more respect for animals than Human Beings?
I don’t understand…why people demand that you agree with their point-of-view; and when you don’t, accuse you of HATE?
I don't understand...why everyone wants a gun, yet school shootings have increased?
I don’t understand…why children get sick and die?
I don’t understand…why do we no longer seem to “respect our elders?”
I don’t understand…why has “marriage” become such a joke, with divorce rates exceeding 50%+. What happened to “for better or worse, through sickness and in health; forsaking all others, for as long as we both shall live...” ??? 
I don’t understand…why do we seem to think we created ourselves and know more about our lives than our CREATOR?
I don’t understand…why Good People seem to DIE too soon?
I don’t understand…why people are late to worship the LORD on Sunday morning, but on-time for their job on Monday morning?

Why...I ask? 
And the answer I must accept isIt's not mine to know

No comments:

Post a Comment