Monday, June 30, 2014

SPECTATOR of our Own Lives

In my earlier years, I was somewhat of a “camera fanatic.” I took pictures of everything. I felt so passionate about capturing every moment.

As I review my photos, I realize that in most events, my picture is not among them. I spent so much time capturing the moment that I failed to “live in, embrace, or enjoy” the moment.  I know I was there, but my photo albums don’t reflect it.

We spend so much of our time watching ‘Reality” TV Shows and Entertainment shows. We read magazines and rely on Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram to inquire into others’ lives. We do this in lieu of living our own.

Then, we realize that we have only been a “spectator” of our own life…and not a participant. So many of us “blow right past it.” We rush through our entire day and our lives unconsciously.

Life is an accumulation of “NOW” moments. We often imagine life to be some big event or occurrence. It actually is the quilting together of simple, ordinary moments happening right now.

Most of us spend time comparing our lives to others or striving to live up to other people’s definition of how we should live.

“Comparison is the thief of joy.” – unknown
“Your time is limited so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” – unknown
“Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.” – unknown
“Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” - unknown

God created us for a specific purpose.  The Bible states in Jeremiah 1:5 (NKJV): “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

It would serve us all well if we “step down off of the bleachers and stop being spectators” in our own lives.  Let’s get in the game, have fun, and enjoy our lives…  
Shall we???

No comments:

Post a Comment