Friday, October 10, 2014

“I Won’t Complain…”

This is the title of a spiritual hymn sung by Marvin Winans.  Some of the lyrics are:
I've had some good days
I've had some hills to climb
I've had some weary days
I've had some weary nights
But when I look around
And think things over
All of my good days
They outweigh my bad days
So I won't complain

I have noticed people in pain, struggling…yet still smiling…

The privilege to be alive is cause for celebration.

Many of us are so ungrateful, so unthankful…rushing through life and not taking a moment to embrace the NOW.

Do you wake up and say “Thank You, Lord?”
  •          For the fact that you are even awake?
  •          For allowing you to breathe on your own?
  •          For your vision and your health?
  •          For your children, your job, your freedom?

As this spiritual journey continues, the lesson is to learn to be grateful in all circumstances.

The Bible guides us:
Philippians 4:11-13 (NIV): “…for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Romans 8:18 (NIV):  I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV): So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you;
1 Peter 4:12 (NIV): Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.
Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV): 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
John 14:1(NKJV): “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
Psalm 73:26 (NKJV):  My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 23 (NKJV): 23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell[a] in the house of the Lord Forever.

Memorable Quotes:
“If we don’t feel grateful for what we already have, what makes us think we will be happy with more?” – unknown
“I am thankful for my struggle because from it I have found my strength.” – unknown
“When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate; when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” – unknown
“Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.” –  Camille Pissarro
“Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.” – unknown
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or we can rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” – Abraham Lincoln
“Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.” – unknown
“Your greatest test is when you are able to bless someone else while you are going through your own storm.” – unknown
“Someone else is happy with less than what you have.” – unknown
“Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you are.” – unknown
“Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“No matter our circumstances, no matter our struggles or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and cherish.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
“Until God opens the next door, praise Him in the hallway.” – unknown
 “This Too Shall Pass...” – unknown

As we continue on this uncertain journey and express gratitude in all things, you will find yourself quietly saying, “I Won’t Complain…”

No comments:

Post a Comment