Monday, August 4, 2014

“When We Don’t Trust The Answer…”

I often found this joke amusing yet sadly true:

The Fall
A man named Jack was walking along a steep cliff one day, when he accidentally got too close to the edge and fell. On the way down he grabbed a branch, which temporarily stopped his fall. He looked down and to his horror saw that the canyon fell straight down for more than a thousand feet.
He couldn't hang onto the branch forever, and there was no way for him to climb up the steep wall of the cliff. So Jack began yelling for help, hoping that someone passing by would hear him and lower a rope or something.
"HELP! HELP! Is anyone up there? "HELP!"
He yelled for a long time, but no one heard him. He was about to give up when he heard a voice. "Jack, Jack, can you hear me?"
"Yes, yes! I can hear you. I'm down here!"
"I can see you, Jack. Are you all right?"
"Yes, but who are you, and where are you?"
"I am the Lord, Jack. I'm everywhere."
"The Lord? You mean, GOD?"
"That's Me."
"God, please help me! I promise if you'll get me down from here, I'll stop sinning. I'll be a really good person. I'll serve You for the rest of my life."
"Easy on the promises,  Jack. Let's get you off from there; then we can talk. Now, here's what I want you to do. Listen carefully."
"I'll do anything, Lord. Just tell me what to do."
"Okay. Let go of the branch."
"What?"
"I said, let go of the branch. Just trust Me. Let go."
There was a long silence.
Finally Jack yelled, "HELP! HELP! IS ANYONE ELSE UP THERE?"

God ALWAYS hears us and answers our prayers. It’s often either not what we want to hear or its not “packaged” the way we want to receive it. We suffer from lack of trust and faith.

The Bible addresses these:
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV): Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV): Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Matthew 17:20 (NKJV): So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 14:29-31 (NKJV): 29 …And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw that the wind was boisterous,[a] he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!” 31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”
Psalm 37:5 (NKJV): Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.

Powerful Quotes:
“God’s 3 Answers to Our Prayers: 1) Yes;  2) Not Yet; and 3) I have something better.”
“Don’t ask God to guide your steps; if you are not willing to move your feet.”
“You can worry or you can trust God. You cannot do both.”
“Let Go and Let GOD.”
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future with a known God.” 

We should strive to increase our faith and TRUST GOD…

No comments:

Post a Comment