Friday, August 15, 2014

“Just Wave…Now What?”
(continued from earlier post)

In my earlier post, I discussed a ministerial challenge regarding the relevancy of his sermon to the audience. He said, “If this message is driving down your street, just wave…” J

Remember: The message is meant to“comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comforted.”

I could not help but to smile and wave! Yes…the message was applicable to me. Yes…it did make me realize that I can do better, live better and be better. My conscience was “afflicted.”

The question now becomes, “Now that you have admitted that it is relevant and applicable to you, what do you do with this new insight?”

The Bible says:
Matthew 7:21(NKJV): “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.”
James 2:14-17 (NKJV) - Faith Without Works Is Dead -  14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.”
Colossians 3:17 (NKJV): “And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.”

Memorable Quotes:
“We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
“When you know better, you do better.” – Maya Angelou
 “Faith without works doesn't work! Faith without works is like a boat without oars. It gets you nowhere.” – unknown
“Don’t just talk about it, be about it.” – unknown
“Get on your knees and pray, then get on your feet and work.” – unknown
“Do not ask God guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet.” – unknown
“I have never seen GPS give turn-by-turn signals to a parked car. It must be in motion. God cannot order the steps you don’t take. You must make moves.” - Hart Ramsey.
“I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.  Knowing is not enough: WE MUST APPLY. Being willing is not enough: WE MUST DO.” – Leonardo da Vinc
God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.” – unknown
The Serenity Prayer: “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Now that we have “waved”…it’s time to get to work…

Shall We?

No comments:

Post a Comment