Monday, September 15, 2014

My “Cup Runneth Over”…
"My Cup Runneth Over" is a quotation from the Hebrew Bible (Psalm 23:5) and means "I have more than enough for my needs" though interpretations and usage may vary. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Cup_Runneth_Over
I have always maintained the position to “do good expecting nothing in return.” I believe that you should focus on putting out good to the universe.
The lesson for me is:  “Keep putting out good. It will come back to you ten-fold in unexpected ways.”
It is part of my DNA. My mind always thinks about how I can benefit or be a blessing to others.
What I am discovering is that as long as I maintain this and focus on what is pleasing to God, blessings seem to overwhelm me.
It is amazing how we don’t seem to grasp the point that “by grace,” you woke up this morning. Many did not.
If we would take a moment to realize how blessed we really are, we would truly embrace the fact that we are “blessed beyond measure.”
The Bible points this out:
Matthew 6:4 (NKJV):  that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.
Psalm 23:5-6 (KJV): ”5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
Luke 6:35 (NKJV): “But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.”
Memorable Quotes:
“The more thankful you are, the happier you will be.”
“No experience is ever wasted. Everything has meaning.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Not what we have, but what we enjoy, constitutes our ABUNDANCE.” – Epicurus
“I fill my cup with: Kindness, Love, Understanding, Hope, Peace and Gratitude.”
“I give all the glory to God. The glory goes up to Him and the blessing fall down on me.” – Gabby Douglas
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say ‘I used everything you gave me.’ – Erma Bombeck
“Those who plant blessings shall also harvest blessings.”
“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
The more you express gratitude, you too, will notice so many blessings that your “cup runneth over…”

No comments:

Post a Comment