Wednesday, September 3, 2014

“My Current Situation…”

Michael Paul Sorrentino, known by his nickname “The Situation,” is an American television personality. He appeared on the MTV reality show Jersey Shore in all six seasons from December 2009 through its final episode in 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Sorrentino

I have noticed on Facebook, people will note “My current situation…” as they post pictures of them lying on the beach, getting a manicure/pedicure, stuck in traffic, at a ball game, etc.  It simply describes what is going on in their life at that moment.

This led me to ask: “What is My Current Situation?”

Let’s take this deeper…What is my current situation, when it comes to pleasing God?

The thing that I find amazing is that we don’t seem to grasp the concept that GOD sees and hears everything. He knows our thoughts.

Proverbs 15:3 (NKJV): The eyes of the Lord are in every place, Keeping watch on the evil and the good.
Psalm 94:11(NKJV):  The Lord knows the thoughts of man, That they are futile.
Luke 11:17 (NKJV):  But He, knowing their thoughts, said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and a house divided against a house falls.
Hebrews 4:12 (NKJV):  For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Let me do a self-assessment:
Do I really Trust God?
Is my life reflective of my love for Him?
Did I bless someone today, whether by a smile or a kind gesture?
Am I thankful that He woke me up this morning?
Have I prayed about it as much as I’ve worried about it?

We tend to worry about our situation at this moment, instead of investing time in our future situation to go to Heaven.

Life could change in an instant. What you thought was in the future could be thrust upon you right now…death, illness, car accident, job loss, health diagnosis, etc.

Are you ready RIGHT NOW to face the Lord on Judgment Day? Have You even thought about it?

What is Your Current Situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment