Monday, February 9, 2015

“Tell ‘Em That I Just Don’t Know…”

I reflected on watching Jimmy Kimmel Live! one night and hearing him recount the following:.

A street performer was playing his guitar in front of a grocery store in Texas. A gentleman joined in with lyrics. Another added in a rap. It ended up being an impromptu jam session that a store manager at an adjacent store just stumbled upon and recorded it. He uploaded it to his Facebook page and it went “viral.” It has now gotten over 7 million views. Jimmy Kimmel invited them on his late night show, as well as other performers to have another jam session. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VZtTye-bWU

A few of the lyrics include:
“This is my life, all I’ve wished for, all I’ve wasted; This is my time, good sensations, motivation, down, regrets and blogged down; on the blue sky; Oh…you know we both try…
I’ve been down and I’ve been wasted; I don’t think I’ve got the patience to say what I need to say…
I don’t know what you came to do…We came…I just don’t know…
Tell ‘em that I just don’t know…don’t know…
Sometimes I just don’t know….don’t know…
Tell ‘em that I just don’t know…”

The more I reflected on this song, the more I began to realize the fact that God does not need us to know everything.

The Bible says:
Luke 23:34 (NKJV):  Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”
Isaiah 55:8 (NKJV): “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
Matthew 24:36 (NIV):  “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[a] but only the Father.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV): Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct[a] your paths.
Ecclesiastes 11:5 (NIV):  As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed[a] in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.
1 Corinthians 8:2 (NIV):  Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know.
Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV):  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Powerful Quotes:
“Stop thinking so much. It's ok not to know all the answers.”
“Be okay with not knowing for sure what might come next, but know that whatever it is…you will be okay.”
 “It may take a year, it may take a day; but what’s meant to be, will always find a way.”
“I need to learn how to be content with simply not knowing, and be at peace with the notion that everything does not need an explanation.”
“I don’t know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future.” – Tim Tebow
“You don't have to have it all figured out to move forward.”

It is not important to know everything. They keys are faith and trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment