Tuesday, June 16, 2015

“Knocked Down" but not "Knocked Out”

Life can be like a boxing match. You go through life, thinking that all is fine and then.....WHAM!......you are hit with the unexpected.

I realize that now. After having NEVER experienced illness before in 48 of my 51 years of life it can be quite devastating. After an unexpected diagnosis of MS, I continue to feel like I am “knocked down.” in the ring. I lay there…dazed, hurt, uncertain.

The referee is counting” 1-2- 3…”

I just lie there. Maybe I should just remain here. Getting up hurts. It requires so much from me…

What if I get knocked down again? The pain…the fear…the uncertainty…

“4 -5!!” the referee counts…

Hey! Snap out of it! You can't give up like this. Maybe God is not finished with me yet?

“6 – 7 – 8…” the referee continues counting.

Get Up!

The referee checks me out. He looks me intently in the eyes and asks me if I am alright to continue.
I nod my head, “Yes.”

Pulling my gloves to my face…I boldly, strategically, confidently move toward my opponent…

…With the confidence of David vs. Goliath…

Blocking...Moving…Ducking…Dodging…

I get hit on the head…in the rib cage…wind knocked out of me...

I’m knocked against the ropes…blow after blow I withstand…


I try to channel Muhammad Ali's "rope-a-dope" technique...

I push him off…I'm out of breath...blood dripping from my forehead...

Still I fight on...

We will go all 15 Rounds…

The JUDGE will render the final decision…that judge is GOD…

The Bible says:
2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV):  7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Philippians 4:13 (NKJV):  13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
2 Timothy 4:7-8 (NKJV):  7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Memorable Quotes
“The phrase ‘Do Not Fear’ is used in the Bible 365 times. That’s a daily reminder from God to live every day fearless.”
“Don’t tell God how big your problems are. Tell your problems how big GOD is.”
“I have resolved to give God everything I have and leave the results to HIM.” – movie Facing the Giants

Life circumstances can often “knock us down” on the boxing ring of life. You will not be judged by how long you lie there but if you get back up. Keep getting up….

No comments:

Post a Comment