Tuesday, March 24, 2015

“Faith Without Works…”
Most of us grew up hearing James 2:14, 17, 24, 26 (NKJV):
"Faith Without Works Is Dead"
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
This is resonating with me as I travel this health challenge journey.
A quote that speaks loudly to me is in one of my favorite movies Facing the Giants, which says, “I have resolved to give God all I’ve got and leave the results to Him.”
I often hear a lot of people with health challenges say things like, “I know God has this,” or “I have faith in God to heal me.”  But I am realizing that this, in and of itself, is not enough.
The Bible also says in Matthew 17:20 (NKJV):  20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
In other words:  You have got to do something…and then God will do the rest.
You can’t be disobedient or do nothing and expect God to do all the work.
I know of people who have major health issues, yet refuse to do what the doctor recommends:
They don’t do the very basics of good health, i.e., good nutrition, plenty of rest, drinking lots of water or basic exercise. They ignore all of the triggers of their health issues such as adhering to inclement weather, smoking, avoiding others who are sick or avoiding pollen or animals, if they have allergies or respiratory issues.
Then they proclaim: “God is in control.”
(I have to process this for myself, as well. Am I doing everything I can do? Have I given God my very best?)
Yes...God IS in control…yet he expects us to do our part.
Powerful Quotes:
“Don’t complain about the results you are not getting by the work you are not doing.”
“Your fitness is 100% mental! Your mind won’t go where your body doesn’t push it!”
“Fall in love with taking care of yourself…mind, body and spirit.”
“If you want something in life you’ve never had, you’ll have to do something you’ve never done.”
“The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” – Thomas Edison
"For we walk by faith, not by sight." - 2 Corinthians 5:7
"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For You are with me.Your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalms 23:4
Give God your best …He will do the rest….


No comments:

Post a Comment