Monday, November 24, 2014

“Only When Life Works In Your Favor?…”

Many of us are ONLY thankful to God or express gratitude when things operate in our favor.

We are grateful when:
  • We get that promotion and salary increase…
  • Life is going great…
  • We are healed from a surgery or sickness…
  • On a sunny, beautiful day…
  • We have money to spend…
  • Our families are healthy…

 But do you thank Him when:
  • You are stricken with an unexpected, devastating health diagnosis?
  • Your company lays you off?
  • “It rains, it pours?”
  • Your children seem to have lost their way?
  • Your best friend betrays and abandons you?
  • Your “money is funny?”
  • Things are just not going your way?

The Bible explains:
Philippians 4:11-13 (NIV): 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (NIV): 7 … Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Romans 8:28 (NKJV): 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Matthew 23:12 (NKJV): 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
Psalm 37:4 (NKJV): 4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Proverbs 19:21 (NIV): 21 Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
Luke 22:42 (NIV): [Jesus’ Prayer] 42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”

Memorable Quotes:
“The greatest test of faith is when you don’t get what you want, but still you are able to say THANK YOU LORD.”
“You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find that you get what you need.” – Rolling Stones – You Can’t Always Get What You Want
“Every test in our life makes us bitter or better. Every problem comes to make us or break us. The choice is our whether we want to be a victim or Victor.”
 “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.”
 “Every experience, no matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it.” – Buddha
 “When I'm worried and cannot sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep.” - Bing Crosby
“Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.”

Waking up every morning is a true indicator that all is working in your favor. The key is to be thankful for all things every day…


No comments:

Post a Comment