Friday, November 14, 2014

F.R.O.G.

I had seen this before, but never truly internalized its meaning.
F.R.O.G. is an acronym for “Fully Relying On God.”

Since I suffer from “control issues,” this never really resonated with me.

Recently, I mustered up the courage to reach out for some assistance with my health challenges. I was assured that they could help me and would provide a plan for me by the next day. I was filled with “hope” and possibilities. One day passed…Two days…still no contact. Finally, by week’s end, I sent a message inquiring. The response was that “we would need to hold off, help was unavailable to me at this time.” I simply thanked them for their consideration.

My first impulse was to be livid! Why lead me to believe you could help me…wait five days…and have me reach back out to you…just to reply that you can’t?  Interesting…a sense of calm overcame me. The “inner voice” seemed to whisper, “Trust Me…not man.” Wow! That is exactly what I was doing. I had wasted a valuable week trusting that “man” could help me, when I should have been fully relying on God.

The Bible states:
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV): 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Jeremiah 17:5 (NKJV): 5 Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the Lord.
1 Peter 5:7 (NKJV): Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Philippians 4:19 (NKJV):  And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Matthew 8:26 (NKJV):  But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?”
Matthew 11:28-30 (NKJV): 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Psalm 37:5 (NKJV): 5 Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.

Memorable Quotes:
“We have very little faith in the Lord, very little trust. If we trusted the Lord as much as we trust a friend when we ask him to do something for us, neither we as individuals nor our whole country would suffer so much.” ― Thaddeus of Vitovnica,
“...You say to God, “I have never seen you provide for me.” God says to you, “You have never trusted Me.” ― Corallie Buchanan,
“There were so many things going on inside me and on the outside—many beyond my control. However, one thing I could control was to pray and commit myself every day to trust God so guide He could me.”—Yilda B. Rivera, Courage Under Fire”
“God didn’t bring you this far to abandon you.”
“I don’t know what my future holds, but I know who hold my future.” – Tim Tebow
Lesson: Stop getting disappointed when “man” fails you: Fully Rely On God.

No comments:

Post a Comment