Friday, October 2, 2015

“Consistency Over Time”

On his hit TV reality show on the OWN Cable Network, “Deion’s Family Playbook,” Deion Sanders replies to a young man he is mentoring. The young man lives with him, but has fallen back into some old habits of not doing school work, the wrong friends and occasional drugs.

When he apologizes for his behavior, Deion tells him (I paraphrase), “I accept your apology. And I am proud of you for the improvements you have made. But what I need to see is consistency over time.”

Isn’t that we all want to see:
  • In our marriages?
  • In our children’s behavior?
  • With our health?
  • In our friendships?
  • In our jobs?
  • In our churches?

Often, we fail to understand that GOD was…is…and will always be consistent.
We can't grasp the fact that this is exactly what HE is looking for in us.

He wants to see if we TRUST Him…OBEY Him…PRAISE Him… WORSHIP Him…THANK Him…LOVE Him… PRAY to Him… consistently…over time…

The Bible says:
1 Thessalonians 5:17(NKJV):  pray without ceasing,
Revelation 2:10 (NKJV): “… Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.
2 Timothy 4:7-8 (NKJV): 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.
Malachi 3:6 (NKJV): 6 “For I am the Lord, I do not change;…”
1 Corinthians 15:58 (NKJV): 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
Galatians 6:9 (NKJV): 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
Hebrews 13:8 (NKJV): 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Memorable Quotes:
“No great thing is created suddenly.”
“A river cuts through a rock not because of its strength but its persistence.”
“Don’t be upset by the results you are not getting by the results you are not getting.”
“Whatever you do inconsistently doesn’t count.” – Dr. David Jones, Jr.
“It’s not what you do every now and then but what you do every day that changes everything.”
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
“We become what we repeatedly do.” – Sean Covey
This should be our goal…in our daily lives and to God…to be consistent over time…


No comments:

Post a Comment