Saturday, September 26, 2015

“Emotional” Roller Coaster

I have to tread very carefully around the end of every month. 
When I am experiencing the "time of the month” that every woman does, I don’t have the typical symptoms, i.e. bloating, cramps, headaches, major food cravings, etc. For me, I become "very emotional." 
Things that I can normally “shake off” quite easily become major issues that I take very personally and cut me deeply. Yep...my feelings become very exposed and vulnerable. I try to protect myself...get equipped for the impending event. Yet, I am unsuccessful...
I end up unwillingly climbing onto this “emotional” roller coaster. It takes me up and down, from mountains to valleys; over rough terrain and potholes; through dips and dives and has my emotions running amuck. I hurt deeply.
I become defensive and take on the internal war of feeling unloved, insignificant, dismissed, rejected, ignored and of no use or value to others or even God. I just want to “fade into obscurity”…fade into the background.
I typically have to spend an entire day "licking my emotional wounds," climb out of the quick sand of despair and remind myself that “this too shall pass,” while still trying to function normally.
Ironically, within 24 hours, it does. I take a deep breath, regain my equilibrium, my confidence, my resilience, my zest for life, my joy and “hammer extra nails” into my Faith.
I take into account everything I had made a “mountain” about in my mind and realize it was a very tiny “mole hill.” I wake up to the reality that GOD is...
The deeper my Faith grows, the slower and less dramatic the experience becomes.
The Bible reminds us:
Ecclesiastes 3 (NKJV):  1 To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: 2 A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted; 3 A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away; 7 A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak; 8 A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace.
James 1:19 (NIV):  19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
Memorable Quotes:
“Don’t do something permanently stupid because you are temporarily angry, stressed, scared, tired or hungry.”
“Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.” -  Charlie Chaplin
I was asked this question from my beloved minister and mentor:  “Could it be that God is showing you who’s in charge?”  Wow…I guess He is…
I am off of my “emotional roller coaster” for now. Whew! What a ride!  J


No comments:

Post a Comment