Wednesday, April 22, 2015

“Life After Death…While You Are Still Living”
Receiving a life-altering health diagnosis is difficult enough. But for it to be a chronic, gradually-debilitating one is devastating, yet enlightening at the same time.
I considered myself a Leader, a Mover ‘n Shaker, an Influencer, a self-proclaimed “Control Freak” & “Health Fanatic” and a Loyal, Trusted Advisor and Friend.
However, almost three years after my diagnosis of Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis and going from limping to a cane and now to a walker and some-time wheel-chair, I am feeling so incredibly insignificant.
I keep experiencing situations in which I “controlled,” influenced or heavily served before my diagnosis …now going along without me. No need for my presence, advice, assistance or input…
It’s as though I am getting to see how life moves on along without me after I’m dead…yet I’m still alive!!!
This may be what people feel after retiring. Seeing their input is no longer needed and the business moving right along…almost as if you never existed.
It is similar to George Bailey (Jimmy Stewart’s character) in the 1946 American Christmas movie  It’s A Wonderful Life…except I feel like I am seeing life AFTER I am gone…instead of… if I had never been born. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_a_Wonderful_Life
The devastating part is that it almost appears that human beings can dismiss my 50 years of life as unimportant. Yet, the enlightening part is that, it’s as if God is saying to me, “Now, I need you to accept that I AM IN CONTROL and focus on me…”
Maybe God is trying to reveal to me what my life SHOULD be like, as I slowly move my sole focus to HIM…instead of on MYSELF, everything and everybody else.
The Bible says:
Colossians 3:3 (NKJV): 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
2 Corinthians 4:8 (NKJV):  8 We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
Philippians 1:21(NKJV):  21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Colossians 1:24 (NKJV):  24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,
Galatians 5:16 (NKJV):  16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Matthew 16:25-26 (NKJV):  25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
Memorable Quotes:
“Life is the continuous adjustment of internal relations to external relations.” - Herbert Spencer
“Remain flexible and teachable so that you can make necessary adjustments in life.” - Mz Liz”
“Don't cry over the past, it's gone. Don't stress about the future, it hasn't arrived. Live in the present and make it beautiful.”
“Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.”
 “You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” - Robin Williams
 “Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.” – Carrie Bradshaw
 “When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person that walked in. That's what the storm is all about.” - Haruki Murakami
"New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings."
“Sometimes painful things can teach us lessons that we didn’t think we needed to know.”
Remember Proverbs 3:5-6 – “Trust in the Lord with all thine might, lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all thy ways and he will direct your path.”

No comments:

Post a Comment